This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Display only one block attribute

Jun 18, 2015 at 7:04 AM
I have block with multiple attributes, for example name, id, type etc. I would like that only name is visible when dxf is opened in autocad. I have set for other that attributeDefinitions.isVisible=false, but they are still visible and overlapping with name.
How can I set that all other block attributes are not visible, except for one I choose?
Coordinator
Jun 18, 2015 at 6:20 PM
When an insert entity is created from a block definition, its attributes are initially set with the values defined by the attribute definition; but after that, any change made to a block attribute definition will not be automatically applied to its associated insert attribute. Perhaps this is your case, I have not detected any problem with the IsVisible property. Check if you are setting the attributeDefinitions.IsVisible=false after you have created the insert, because the values of the insert attributes are the ones that really matter when making the drawing, independently of the attribute definition values that are only important the first time the insert is created.

You might also consider setting the attribute flag to Hidden instead of using the IsVisible property. It is better to set the attribute definition flag to hidden since this value can be easily changed in the block editor.

Daniel
Marked as answer by jingizu on 6/19/2015 at 12:27 AM
Jun 19, 2015 at 8:27 AM
Thanks, for my purpose it's really better option to set flag to hidden.