This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Line Thickness

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Forgive me as I'm not too familiar with DXF. 

I am attempting to export a DXF file that is comprised of lines.  I am attempting to set the "stroke width" when importing into CorelDRAW or Adobe Illustrator CS6.

Line thickLine = new Line(new Vector3(0,10,0),  new Vector3(10,20,0));
thickLine.Thickness = 50;

I am using a variation of the sample code.  But regardless of what value I put for Line.Thickness (I tried 1, 5, 50, 100), the "Stroke Width" is always 0.7 pt when read into Adobe Illustrator CS6.

Is Adobe wrong?  Does DXF not support this feature?  Does netDxf have a bug?  Or am I completely wrong in my understanding?

Thanks,

...Matt

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Long ago there was a discussion called line thickness related with the problem you have.

There is a dxf code for entities (code 370) and as far as I now, haven't thoroughly tested, it is this code that defines the stroke width you are looking for, but this code it is not implemented in the library. I will look into implement it, fill up a feature request in the issue tracker so I don't forget and this issue doesn't end up buried in the discussion list.

Daniel