This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Problems with Spline

Sep 19, 2016 at 12:13 PM
Hi,

I have wrote a program that reads dxf's file and then add block to it and write the dxf to another location.
That file is then read in 3rd party software for a laser cutting machine.

Everythings works fine, but I have only problems when the dxf-file contains splines.

Then the 3rd party software gives a error. When I open the file in Autocad there is no problem. When I save the file using autocad and use the 3rd party software, I have no problem.

When I open the two dxf files in Notepad I see difference.

The Autocad versions has following definitions :
$SPLFRAME
$SPLINETYPE
$SPLINESEGS
The dxf saved with your libary has those defintions not.

Can you help me.
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2016 at 7:12 PM
Edited Sep 23, 2016 at 9:29 AM
The dxf excerpt your are showing belongs to three header variables, in AutoCad they are called system variables and sometimes drawing variables. If your software is giving you an error because it cannot find them, the problems lies with them. The header variables controls stuff like default properties for new entities, graphical properties related with how to show some entities, special information about the file,... Most, if not all of them, are optional, and any program that needs them should give a default value to the ones it cannot find.

I am not going to implement the full list of header variables. The only solution I can do is to provide access to the internal structure where those variables are stored and code a generic way of writing them. So, at least, you could have a way to write additional variables that are not listed in the DrawingVariables class. This is dangerous since, if not done correctly, you might end up with a broken file.

Daniel