Dimension Style Overrides

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:11 PM
Hi,

I have a dimension style that works great when adding dimensions to a drawing, but when I try to override some of the settings in the style using XData the overridden properties don't show up when I open the dxf file in DWG True View 2013. They do show up when I open the file in an old Cadd program I use for testing (Visual Cadd) and if I select a dimension in True View and look at the properties, the dimension overrides are listed. What am I missing?

BTW, thanks for adding leaders, they're working great.

Thanks,
Brian
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2016 at 5:23 PM
I have not implemented the dimension styles overrides, so I am not sure if some additional information is required to make them work properly. The only thing I can recommend you is to use two different styles.

Daniel
Feb 11, 2016 at 12:14 AM
I mostly need to hide arrows or extension lines for some dimensions in a drawing. I wanted to avoid creating a separate style for each dimension, but I may go that route for now. From the investigating I've done so far I think the block definition for the dimension needs to reflect the overridden values. I've found the code that writes the blocks in DimensionBlock.cs so I may experiment with that a little.

Thanks,
Brian