This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

dxf file into another dxf file

Sep 10, 2015 at 1:17 PM
I have a dxf file( for example this: http://www.signtorch.com/store/images/sample/Wren-Silhouette.html?zenid=e5fd71ce68a24a79b3cdcd4bebc0bd25). How can i add this dxf file to another dxf file?
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2015 at 6:51 PM
You can create a block from the contents of a dxf and then insert it into another document, this topic might help you. Bear in mind that there is a bug in the Block.Create method, but you can find a fix in the same topic.

If you do not want to create a block you will have to manually copy the contents of the dxf, but the procedure is basically the same as the one shown in the Load method of the Block class.

Daniel
Sep 11, 2015 at 1:36 PM
Thanks for answering so fast! I have another question, when i have dxf file loaded to block, can i resize that block, make it smaller? is there any method or property for that?
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2015 at 6:34 PM
First you need to create an Insert entity with a block. An insert is a block reference, and the block its definition, multiple instances of the same block might appear in a drawing.

To define the final transformation of that specific block you will have to define the insert's position, rotation, scale, and normal.

Daniel
Sep 15, 2015 at 12:30 AM
    Dim insertsomething As New Entities.Insert(Blocks.Block.Load("datapath/name.dxf"))

dxf.AddEntity(insertsomething)
    insertsomething.Scale = whatyouwant
    insertsomething.Position = (New Vector2(x, y))
or something like that, i am using visual basic
Sep 15, 2015 at 6:16 AM
Thanks for answers, Insert.Scale worked for me as i wanted.