Opening DXF file with AutoCad 2004

Nov 17, 2012 at 2:03 AM

I get the following error when I try to open any DXF file generated by netDxf , even file with no entity.

MLineStyle dictionary was not defined in NamedObject dictionary
Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded.

I can open the same file with True View 2013 with now problem. Any body knows how can I work around this problem.

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I have been running a few tests and something really weird happened in the process.

First I installed AutoCAD 2005 and besides a few compatibility errors I was able to execute it; and when I tried to open one of the dxf samples generated by the library, I got the error you were having. But, after a few attempts to fix the problem AutoCAD stopped working with a hard crash, after that I was not able to execute AutoCAD again.

Then tried AutoCAD 2006 everything went ok and didn’t have any problems loading the dxf samples. Also I tried out AutoCAD 2004 LT without problems.

But the weird thing happen when I reinstalled AutoCAD 2005, to my surprise when I loaded one of dxf sample it did it correctly with no errors.

So, if I cannot reproduce the error again it is going to be hard to find out what is going on. Maybe some shared library got upgraded in the process, I don’t know. The only advice I can give you at the moment is to upgrade your AutoCAD and see what happens.

Daniel